San Jose City Guide – Explore Your Perfect Trip
San Jose is the heart of Silicon Valley that was built with an innovative spirit. Plan your visit to San Jose today and discover for yourself why it’s one of the most popular places to go in California. Here’s a quick city guide for you to have the best trip ever in a charming city like San Jose.
Feel the city’s history:
Take a tour through downtown or meandering through History Park, you’ll be able to see some of the stranger sights of its history in places like the Winchester Mystery House and the New Almaden Quicksilver Mining Museum.
Explore their cultural hub:
They have the largest Vietnamese population anywhere outside of Viet Nam and one of only three Japantowns in the US. Japantown is off the Japantown/Ayer light rail stop on 1st Street. Just a short walk to Jackson and two blocks up!
Have a taste of their culinary treats:
From amazing Vietnamese restaurants like Bun Bo Hue An Am to the San Jose Taco Festival of Innovation, your cravings for international eats should be well taken care of. If you’re looking for something a bite more familiar, there’s always Le Papillon—a well-loved French bistro—and the vibrantly hip San Pedro Square Market. And after the sun sets, you can always catch a show at one of the many theaters in town or head downtown for drinks. Find your perfect place for dining in downtown at www.sjdowntown.com/downtown.
Take a tech tour:
Head to the acclaimed Tech Museum, the Computer History Museum, or the birthplace of Silicon Valley, the HP Garage.
Explore the classic California open space:
San Jose serves as the perfect gateway with easy access to places like Highway One with its stunning coastal views and day trips to stand among the giant California Redwoods.
- While San Jose might not be as famous as some other California cities, it is actually the third largest city in California and tenth largest in the nation. As a result, San Jose is full of fun attractions, diverse people and cultures, and offers a bustling community that mixes new tech culture with old California charm.
- San Jose is one of the safest big cities in the country, so no need to be on edge. Though, always be a smart traveler and keep track of your belongings at all times.
- San Jose has beautiful weather most of the year round, as well as offering some of the best urban trails for walkers, bikers, or commuters. So don’t hesitate to get outside, rent a bike, or take a city hike.
- San Jose has an incredibly diverse population and even boasts the largest Vietnamese community outside of Vietnam. So take advantage of the various cultural resources, enjoy the delicious food, and learn something new about another culture.
- While public transit does exist in San Jose and can be very effective for getting around downtown, a car is recommended for getting across town easily or for taking day trips. (Source: blog.utrip.com)